Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't seen a recipe quite like this one. I found this in a fundraiser cookbook.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 375*. Lightly grease 2 quart casserole.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, onion, garlic salt, cumin, hot pepper sauce, soup, spinach, chilies and pimento. Blend well.
- In another bowl combine chicken and cheese, toss lightly.
- Spoon half spinach mixture into casserole, sprinkle with half chicken mixture. Repeat layers.
- Beat egg whites to soft peak. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup milk, butter and egg yolks. Beat at low speed until moistened, beat 4 minutes at high speed.
- Fold in egg whites. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
This is a keeper! May try this with flour tortillas next time to save some time, but quite delicious as is. Thanks for posting!