1/2 Photos of Fiesta Chicken Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
I haven't seen a recipe quite like this one. I found this in a fundraiser cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oven to 375*. Lightly grease 2 quart casserole.
- 2In a large bowl combine sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, onion, garlic salt, cumin, hot pepper sauce, soup, spinach, chilies and pimento. Blend well.
- 3In another bowl combine chicken and cheese, toss lightly.
- 4Spoon half spinach mixture into casserole, sprinkle with half chicken mixture. Repeat layers.
- 5Beat egg whites to soft peak. Set aside.
- 6Combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup milk, butter and egg yolks. Beat at low speed until moistened, beat 4 minutes at high speed.
- 7Fold in egg whites. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 694.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g