Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
New Orleans meets Italy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil (safflower, olive or canola)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute the chicken in the oil and butter. Add the sausage and vegetables. Continue to saute until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (except pasta). Reduce heat. Cover and simmer on low for 40-45 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccini to al dente in 8 cups boiling salted water. Drain and place on serving platter.
- Pour chicken on the noodles and serve.
This was a great recipe. There's lots of flavor and has a kick to it. I also added cayenne pepper and a little more hot sauce because I love spicy food.