Recipe by jovigirl
I love leek recipes and this one sounds interesting! Found in Everyday Food.
Top Review by Shana C
This was very good, but I think next time I will not add the parsley or lemon juice. I thought the flavor was better without them. I used whole wheat rotini and I didn't have heavy cream so I used 1/2 cup evaporated milk with 1/2 Tb flour. Very good, healthy, meatless dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb leek, white parts only, sliced and cleaned
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-low heat. Add leeks, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add beans, broth and sage to pan; with a potato masher, mash about 1/3 of the beans. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook until sauce has thickened but is still soupy, about 10 minutes. Cool; transfer to a covered container and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse. Transfer to a bowl and toss with remaining tbsp of oil to coat.
- In large 5-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring sauce and lemon juice to a simmer. Stir in cream and Parmesan. Add pasta; cook, stirring, until heated through. Serve sprinkled with more Parmesan cheese.