1/1 Photo of Fettuccine Carbonara
Susie T's Note:
This is one of my favourite recipes because it is so easy and can be made in a low fat version (see my low-fat fettucine carbonara version recipe)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 slices bacon, fat removed and chopped into chunks (the smokey variety is tastier)
- 600 ml light cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, the shredded variety
- 1 teaspoon salt, I usually add a little more
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon oil, for boiling pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt, for boiling pasta
- parmesan cheese, extra
- 1Place water in a large saucepan with a little oil and salt.
- 2Bring to the boil and add fettucine.
- 3Stir for a few minutes to prevent fettucine from sticking together.
- 4Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan and gently cook onion, garlic and bacon on medium heat until onion becomes soft being careful not to burn.
- 5In a bowl beat the eggs.
- 6Pour in cream and whisk together.
- 7Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- 8Transfer cream mixture into saucepan (off the heat) with onion, garlic and bacon and stir quickly to combine.
- 9When pasta is cooked, drain into a large serving bowl and stir in the carbonara sauce and combine well.
- 10The heat of the pasta will cook the sauce and thicken.
- 11Serve immediately with some extra parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.2
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 428.1 mg
- Sodium 1706.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.2 g