Fettuccine Carbonara (Healthy Version)
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup philadelphia light cream cheese spread
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat caesar salad dressing, KRAFT Light Classic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package oscar mayer smoked ham, cut into short strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta as directed on package, adding peas to the cooking water for the last 3 minute of the pasta cooking time.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese spread, dressing and flour in small saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture is well blended. Add ham; cook on medium-low heat 5 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain fettuccine mixture; return to saucepan. Add sauce mixture; mix lightly. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- TOP with parsley; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...