Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend at church. It's the only sauce I use. It's so quick and so easy, we never have to wait when the pizza craving hits. I like extra saucy pizzas, and usually one recipe lasts through 3-4 medium pizzas. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I've also used plain diced or crushed and liked it fine)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Blend ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- You can use it immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Great recipe, Try using about a teaspoon of fresh minced garlic, and about a tablespoon of fresh minced onion instead of the powdered.
Really great, quick recipe. Used for pita bread pizzas!
Delicious! Really quick to prepare, not too sweet, and very flavorful. I especially enjoyed the fresh taste it had in comparison to pre-cooked pizza sauces. I generously topped two medium-sized pizzas, and still had enough for one more pizza, or maybe even two. I'll definitely be using this again, thanks for posting!