- Ready In:
5 1/2 cups
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In saucepan saute garlic in oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least 1/2 hour or until desired consistency.
- I divide up into 3-4 pint-sized canning jars and freeze for later use.
- One jar covers my 12x15-inch pizza crust.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The artist FKA: CindyZ <br> <br>My family and I live in a small town in mid-Michigan, where the summers are short and the winters are cold and long. I enjoy camping, swimming, biking, curling up with a good book, scrounging around garage sales (I'm forever the bargain hunter, hubby says I'm way too Dutch), gardening, watching Nascar (go Matt!) on Sundays and spending time with family, especially listening to stories from the older generations. I'm an RN, and am fortunate enough to be able to work only part-time so I can spend more time with my kids, ages 14, 9, and 6, and my sweet pug Lou, who is a year old. Two pet peeves worth mentioning are people who smack their gum and ignorance.