Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Originally from Barefoot Contessa, I have made a couple of changes to suit my family. It's a favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, beef, oat bran, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.