Recipe by rickoholic83
Removing the skins from the shelled fava beans is a necessary task but worth the effort. Courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fava beans, shelled (about 2 lbs unshelled)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 leaves radicchio
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute; drain.
- Plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins.
- Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread shrimp evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers; brush with 1 tsp oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Cool slightly and remove shrimp from skewers. Add shrimp to beans.
- Combine remaining 5 tsp oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, remaining 1/8 tsp pepper, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle juice mixture over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Stir in parsley.
- Place 1 radicchio leaf on each of 4 salad plates and spoon 1 cup shrimp mixture into each leaf.