1/1 Photo of Fava Bean and Bacon Risotto
Who doesn't like a good risotto? This provides a complete protein. This is from The Natural Menopause Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the fava beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice-cold water to cool. Peel away and discard the outer shells and set the beans aside.
- 2Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the onion and bacon and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the rice and beans and continue to cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add enough hot stock to cover the rice and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until most of the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way until it is almost completely absorbed and rice is tender.
- 4Remove from the heat, stir in the grated Parmesan, and season to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan shavings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fava Bean and Bacon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.9
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 1917.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 37.7 g