Denise's Dinners's Note:
There is nothing more comforting than hot, bold, vietnamese soup. I like mine spicy and a touch sweet. You can customize it in so many ways to make it your own, and it is super quick to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef, sliced as thinly as possible
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1Soak rice noodles in very, hot tap water.
- 2Heat oil in a large, deep skillet on medium hot.
- 3Saute garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, with the beef until the beef is 85% cooked through. .
- 4Add broth, fish sauce, spices and sugar.
- 5Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Rinse rice noodles and chop into 4-5 inch pieces.
- 7Place noodles in bowls, pour broth and meat over noodles.
- 8Add any or all garnish desired.
- 9Personal Note: I like mine with super spicy so I add tons of jalapeno and siracha sauce, along with all the veggies and herbs. You can also do this with pork, fish, shrimp, or chicken, or use veggie stock and tofu if you want to keep it vegetarian.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Faux Pho - Quick and Easy Vietnamese Style Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 965.6
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.9 mg
- Sodium 1850.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken stock