Use canned chicken breast meat & whole grain wide noodles in this recipe. I couldn't get the ingredient finder to recognize them. Note: The noodles are not egg noodles so there should be no cholesterol in them & they have fewer calories.
- 2 -3 celery ribs
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 (10 ounce) cans boneless skinless chicken breasts, drained
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces 100% whole grain wide egg noodles
- Dice the celery & carrots in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray then heat over medium low heat. Add the chicken & vegetables, saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth & water next stir in the spices. Heat to a boil then cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles then cook for 5-7 minutes, depending on how firm you like them.