Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
photo by Jessica J.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 4 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken (Rotisserie style)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 32 ounces frozen carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 20 cups water
- 8 ounces chicken base
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- salt or pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs egg noodles
- Skin and de-bone chicken(s), reserve skins and wings. Pull apart and/or cut up chicken into large pieces and place in pot with skin and wings.
- Add Water, chopped onion, carrots, celery, Bay leaves and thyme. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken base and bouillon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add noodles about 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove chicken skins, wings and Bay leaves. If desired thicken with corn starch.
- Serve with crackers, bread, etc.
Husband was feeling poorly after overseas trip so thought of proverbial chicken soup. Must have been "meant to be" that I had 3/4's of a Roti Chicken in fridge from day before.<br/>I saut?ed 1 Rounded tsp. Jar minced garlic in a little olive oil then proceeded with recipe.<br/>Used freshly ground 'peppercorn melange blend' that adds a nice flavor twist to ground pepper and Himalayan sea salt which has so many important trace nutrients for one's system.<br/>Changed recipe proportions to make 4 servings.<br/>it did the trick and he felt so much better the next morning.<br/>Very good and pulled
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking for my family, and really like to cook while at work for my co-workers at the nuclear power plant. At work I use a roaster oven to do most of my cooking and am always looking for new recipes to try in the roaster.