Recipe by Pamelamb
This is an adaptation of an adaption of a Naked Chef recipe. One of my faves, since it's pretty simple. You can use fresh artichokes if you want, but I use the canned one.
- 1 (6 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon wedge, juice of
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 5 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the farfalle until al dente. While that's boiling, you can chop those artichoke hearts.
- Heat EVOO in medium sized frying pan. Add the artichokes and saute with garlic until heated thoroughly. Add lemon juice and cook for about a minute.
- Add half and half and most of the mint and simmer for another minute. Then add the shrimp and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add approximately half of the parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and serve with the remaining mint and parmesan sprinkled on top.