Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation of an adaption of a Naked Chef recipe. One of my faves, since it's pretty simple. You can use fresh artichokes if you want, but I use the canned one.
- 1 (6 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon wedge, juice of
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 5 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked and deveined
- Cook the farfalle until al dente. While that's boiling, you can chop those artichoke hearts.
- Heat EVOO in medium sized frying pan. Add the artichokes and saute with garlic until heated thoroughly. Add lemon juice and cook for about a minute.
- Add half and half and most of the mint and simmer for another minute. Then add the shrimp and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add approximately half of the parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and serve with the remaining mint and parmesan sprinkled on top.
Made for SPRING PAC 2010 and we totally enjoyed the meal. I followed the directions and will be putting this into our rotation.
Since I wouldn't know a fresh artichoke from canned one (Well, actually I would!) I used the ones in a can! Although I'm not a fan of the artichoke, I will admit that this particular recipe make for A VERY NICE TASTING SHRIMP DISH, one I might very well make again sometime! Adventuresome cooking always brings nice surprises! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]