Chicken Sausage Farfalle
- Ready In:
- 10 chicken sausage (Asiago, spinach and chicken sausage from Sam's Club) or 10 Italian sausages, if you can't find the other
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, diced
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- 4 ounces of kraft shredded parmesan cheese, romano and Asiago cheeses (if you can find all in one, otherwise use what you have)
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- garlic salt
- shallot salt (Penzey's)
- roasted garlic seasoning (Tones Brand)
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Slice and Fry Sausage in the listed spices, as much as you like.
- Cook noodles until el dente.
- Fry onions and garlic, with some of the above spices in olive oil until onions are just translucent.
- Turn off onions and gently mix in tomatoes. You do not want to cook the tomatoes.
- Mix together the sausage, onion mixture, cheese(s), basil,cream and noodles. Cook gently over med high heat. You may not want to add all the cream at once. Cook for a little and then adjust the amount of cream to your liking.
- Adjust the spices and add more as you need it. serve and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I searched for recipes using this sausage from Sams and found this. This is fantastic. I used halved grape tomatoes and heavy cream as that is what I had on hand. I also simmered the tomatoes a bit. I cut the quantities in half and we still have leftovers for another night. This is a keeper and “company worthy”.
I used chicken sausage already seasoned with spinach and feta, so I can't comment on the recipe spice-wise. However, the concept of this recipe was great. I followed directions except for adding the spices and used heavy cream instead bc that's all I had. My suggestion is don't add all the cream at once, just like the instructions said.
Excellent! The only change I made was to use "Low-fat Heavy Cream Substitute" (#113203) to replace the cream in the recipe and it turned out well! Also, I used Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage so I omitted all the other spices except some red pepper flakes for heat. It was so simple to prepare and fast to cook! Thanks for developing a great recipe!