Recipe by Melany *
This is hands down the best salmon log I've ever had. My family makes it for every get together, and my boyfriend demands it randomly (and he doesn't like salmon!). You don't have to chill it for that long, just until it's set.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) can salmon (use canned always)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley (dried works best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bones.
- Combine salmon with next six ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Chill several hours.
- Combine pecans and parsley (or, just use parsley, I never use pecans).
- Shape salmon mix in 8x2 inch log; roll in nut mix; chill well.
- Serve with Crackers.