Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is hands down the best salmon log I've ever had. My family makes it for every get together, and my boyfriend demands it randomly (and he doesn't like salmon!). You don't have to chill it for that long, just until it's set.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) can salmon (use canned always)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley (dried works best)
- Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bones.
- Combine salmon with next six ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Chill several hours.
- Combine pecans and parsley (or, just use parsley, I never use pecans).
- Shape salmon mix in 8x2 inch log; roll in nut mix; chill well.
- Serve with Crackers.
I will use canned RED salmon. I used pink and didn't care for it, not did my family. I think it is a good recipe, but red salmon is a must.
I thought this was good. It was simple to make and it makes a lot. I too made to nice sized logs out of it. It was not firm after chilling, but could be carefully shaped. This went over well. However, when I make this again, I will probably tweak it a bit. I will add in finely chopped onion instead of the grated onions and maybe even some chopped celery, or mix in some pecan chips. I would have liked it better with a little bit of texture. Be sure to try this recipe. It is a crowd pleaser.
This log is amazing. It's hard to get my kids to eat fish, but they love this log! I just sprinkle a little brown sugar on top and it becomes addictive.