Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is buttery delicious, it has a cream cheese layer in the middle and topped with a crumb topping, I always double the topping! You can also bake this cake in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan --- top baked cake with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired :)
Top Review by under12parsecs
This is very good. I love the actual cake part! It is so dense and buttery and just fantastic. I think, however, that I am more of a cinnamon coffee cake kinda gal. Everyone else LOVED this cake in its entireity, filling and all. I would be interested to try adding either cinnamon or another flavor to the filling and topping (orange or lemon zest perhaps) or simply omitting the filling and trying a cinnamon struesel instead. Still, wonderful! And if you love the tang of cream cheese, this is for you!
- 236.59 ml butter (no substitutes)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter (semi-soft)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (oven rack set to second-lowest position).
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch (or an 11 x 7-inch, baking time will need to be increased slightly).
- Cream butter with sugar (about 3-4 minutes), add in eggs and sour cream; beat well (about another 3 minutes).
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; beat well until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread more than half of the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, cream together all filling ingredients, then carefully spread over the cake batter.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter over the top of the cheese mixture (it doesn't have to cover the cake batter completely, I just dot tablespoonfuls over the batter).
- For the topping (I most always double the ingredients) mix all ingredients, and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until middle feels set and not jiggly.