I have been making these enchiladas for 15 years. Family and friends have begged for the recipe and I am finally ready to share. They are simple to make, rich, creamy and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, onion, 1/2 the cheese, and green chilies.
- Mix all ingredients well. Make sure the cream cheese is not clumpy.
- In a 9x13 rectangular baking dish pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- In each tortilla put approximately 3-4 large tablespoons of the mixture.
- Roll each tortilla and place into the pan.
- Once pan is full, pour enough enchilada sauce on top to make sure each tortilla is covered.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, etc.