Recipe by Sureglad
I have been making these enchiladas for 15 years. Family and friends have begged for the recipe and I am finally ready to share. They are simple to make, rich, creamy and delicious.
Top Review by Merlot
This really hit the spot, DanzBaby. It turned out exactly as you said, rich, creamy and delicious. This will be a great dish to make when we are traveling and for our potluck dinners too. It's a keeper and I thank you for sharing it.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 white onion, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 15 soft taco-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, onion, 1/2 the cheese, and green chilies.
- Mix all ingredients well. Make sure the cream cheese is not clumpy.
- In a 9x13 rectangular baking dish pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- In each tortilla put approximately 3-4 large tablespoons of the mixture.
- Roll each tortilla and place into the pan.
- Once pan is full, pour enough enchilada sauce on top to make sure each tortilla is covered.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, etc.