Super Easy and Yummy Chicken Enchiladas
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 cups cheese, shredded (whatever kind you like, I usually used a reduced fat Mexican blend inside and pepper jack for the to)
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package light sour cream
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (HOT is best!)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's)
- Cook chicken with poultry seasoning.
- Cool completely.
- Shred chicken in food processor. (Steps #1-3 can be done the day before assembling enchiladas.).
- Saute onion in a saucepan.
- Add chicken, 1/2 of the green chilis and taco seasoning and cook for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add two cups cheese.
- Prepare sauce in a medium bowl: combine soup, sour cream and the other half can of green chilis.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, place 1 cup of sauce.
- Place 1/8 to 1/10 of chicken mixture in each flour tortilla and roll up and place in pan with seams down.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle top with remaining two cups cheese. (Steps #1-10 can all be done in advance and keep pan in refrigerator ready to cook.).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20–25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this recipe when my sister came over and she liked it, but I didn't like the texture of the chicken in the food processor. I had chicken enchilda's in Mexico, and I was kind of going by that memory of how I liked them, but the north american version, although I'm sure is tasty, did not appeal to me personally.