Recipe by virtual_8030
Simple, tasty and wholesome - there's nothing more satisfying than a piping hot chicken pie for a family lunch.
- 1 kg frozen puff pastry
- 600 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 300 g potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 300 g frozen peas and carrots
- 300 g mushrooms, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 g onions, diced
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 60 g flour
- 150 g butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in melted butter until fragrant. add chicken, potatoes, mushroom and herbs.
- Saute for a few minutes and add all seasonings and flour. cook 5-8 minutes and add in milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook until it becomes a thick consistency. add vegetables and turn off heat. allow to cool.
- Roll the puff pastry into two 28cm diameter rounds. then line a 26cm round pie dish with one piece.
- Fill the mould with chicken and vegetables and bush egg wash around the edges.
- Cover the pie with the other piece of puff pastry. trim off excess dough.
- Use a fork to press round the edge of the pie and prick two holes in the middle of the pie.
- Brush the surface of the pie with beaten egg and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.