Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a cake that my mother-in-law makes. It is a really nice fall cake that is similar to spice cake or carrot cake but this cake has pumpkin and apples. It is really good topped with cream cheese icing.
- Mix together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add pumpkin to this mixture and stir well.
- Stir in 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir in apples and pecans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes at 350 in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Ice with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with nuts.
A truly incredible cake!! Incredibly moist and spicy. I have made this (4) times in 2 months it's so good. I did use a store bought brand of sour cream icing and it worked out great. Topped it with whole and crushed pecans and it presents beautifully!
All my favorites-Definetely plan to make and passed it on to my best friend-Thanks for sharing :)