Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
1 One 8-inch 3-layer cake or 36 cupcakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange food coloring
- Blend the cream cheese, butter, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy -- about 3 more minutes.
- Add the food coloring and gently stir until the color is uniform.
- Chill the frosting until ready to ice the cupcakes or cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a woman who knows what I want, and isn't afraid to go for it. I am very Loyal, and Dedicated to my friends & family. I am at my best when I am playing with my kids!! I love seeing the world thru their eyes. I LOVE to Cook, Sew, Make Crafts, Take Pics of my Family, and either settle down with a good book or a good movie. And most of all I LOVE cuddling with my kids!