Recipe by Annacia
It doesn’t get much better’n this. Besides being remarkably easy to make (thanks to the crockpot), once chilled, this food from the Gods becomes super dense, like the center of an incredible chocolate bon bon. Take a bite and you will go, “mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.” Make small servings as this is *rich*. Found at worththewisk.com
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Wow, this is so good and RICH! I made 3 servings and used my mini crockpot and it was perfect. When I blended mine, it didn't expand much, but once it chilled it set up nicely. DH REALLY loved this, anything super chocolately is up his alley. Made for ZWT8-Food of the Aztecs Challenge.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 quart crockpot, stir together the cream, yolks, sugar, coffee, Kahlua and vanilla extract until well blended, but don’t whip.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cook on LOW for 1 hour, 45 minutes or until surface has small bubbles and chocolate is melted.
- Carefully pour the hot liquid into a blender and blend on high until it expands to 5 or 6 cups.
- Pour into a pyrex bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- To serve, scoop into serving dishes.
- Makes 6 servings.