Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this great recipe at a bed and breakfast in New Hampshire. Batter keeps up to 6 weeks in refrigerator; makes lots of delicious muffins. High in fiber.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 5 cups flour (unsifted)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine other ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix with spoon just to moisten.
- Fold mixture.
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, being careful to take batter from sides and not mix batter anymore.
- Bake on bottom rack at 400 degrees for 5 minutes; then bake on top rack 15 minutes.
Easy and very, very tasty! Went together quite fast! My family liked the idea of fixing thier own muffins when they wanted to. M.Sutphen Thanks Hugce