Microwave Ready Bake Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal, original
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup craisins (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- In a large bowl, mix bran cereal with boiling water to soften cereal.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- To store in refrigerator, place in air-tight container.
- To bake in microwave, place baking cups in a microwavable muffin pan.
- Fill baking cups half-full with batter.
- Bake on high in microwave for approximately 45 seconds per muffin. Do not over cook. (Time will need to be adjusted per your microwave.).
- Serve muffins warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Best "To Go" muffin ever!!! Started looking for this recipe after my grown sons requested the muffin Nana used to make...This recipe is exactly as I remember -sweet, warm and hot! I added Chia needs to my batch, to kick up the "healthy" rating. Supposedly it keeps for 6 weeks in the fridge, but we can't prove that. We seem to polish a recipe off within 2weeks!