Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another dish that was part of my childhood.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 head escarole, washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth (use more or less depending on how "soupy" you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- toasted Italian bread, slices
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add washed escarole and cover.
- Stir occasionally until escarole wilts about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and beans.
- Stir and heat through.
- Place toasted Italian bread in soup bowls; ladle soup over bread.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and cheese as desired.
Delicious...substituted 2 bouillions and 2 cups of water for the chicken broth. YUMMY! Thanks for posting.
So easy to make. Delicious! I used vegan fake-chicken broth and a little onion soup mix instead of chicken broth.
pure comfort food. I was luck & had homemade chicken stock, but that's all that was different. This is easy & soooooooooo good. Thanks for taking me back to Auntie's Kitchen.