- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 head escarole, washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth (use more or less depending on how "soupy" you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- toasted Italian bread, slices
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add washed escarole and cover.
- Stir occasionally until escarole wilts about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and beans.
- Stir and heat through.
- Place toasted Italian bread in soup bowls; ladle soup over bread.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and cheese as desired.