Recipe by Denise in NH
When my son Eryk was a little boy, he used to ask me to make this at least once a week. He is now 22 and he still says it's his favorite meat loaf. I usually serve with baked potatoes and a green salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf, mixture (ground beef and ground pork)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- mixed ground meat mixture lightly with onion, bread crumbs, dill pickle juice, egg, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine dill pickle, catsup, water, sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over loaf.
- Bake in oven at 350 basting a couple of times with sauce in pan, 40 minutes.
- Continue baking without basting 35 minutes or until glazed.