Top Review by weekend cooker
A very nice and enjoyable dinner. Thought the seasoning salt, and the brown sugar bought alot of flavor to this.. Made for dinner and served with some muffins. Good recipe, though it may be my oven the cooking time was off by 25 minutes, but all in all a enjoyable dinner. Made for Bargain Basement..
- 3 lbs beef short ribs (Short ribs should be meaty and cut in the English cut.)
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups onions, Sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced
- 2 large bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from short ribs.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper; dredge shrot ribs.
- Brown ribs in oil on all sides in Dutch oven.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add onions and cook until golden brown.
- Place ribs on top of onions.
- Combine water, brown sugar, catsup, vinegar, garlic and bay leaves; pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F.) 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.