Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've never made enchiladas before so thought I would try them. We like things spicy so I made up a recipe from checking out about 5 recipes. I don't know what they're supposed to taste like but we loved these.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 6 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups 2% low-fat Mexican cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another pan saute ground turkey, onion, pepper until turkey is done (no pink).
- Add black olives and mix all together.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce in 9 X 13 pan.
- Dip one tortilla in sauce, put meat mixture and some cheese on tortilla. Roll tortilla and place seam side down in pan.
- I was able to get all 10 tortillas in my pan.
- Pour leftover sauce over all tortillas.
- Add some more grated cheese over all.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 2 minutes and Enjoy!
Easy to make and delicious! The sauce was thicker than what I normally make but it worked well and was nice and spicy - yum! I will make these enchiladas again!