1/4 Photos of Eli's Asian Salmon
This recipe came from Keith Eldridge, who is the executive chef for Eli Zabar at Eli's Manhattan, The Vinegar Factory, and E.A.T., all in New York City. They shared the recipe with Ina Garten(Barefoot Contessa), she shared it in her cookbook"Bardfoot Contessa at Home", and now I'm sharing it with you! So good hot, and at room temp too. Ina says Keith uses focaccia crumbs, made in a food procssor, but Panko makes a good substitute. Enjoy! I have made a few changes to suit my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 lbs center cut salmon fillets (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 cup soy sauce (Ina uses Kikkoman)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion (2 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (8 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1Line a 8x12" baking pan with foil. Place the salmon in the pan.
- 2In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, scallions, garlic, and ginger. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the salmon fillet. Sprinkle the panko evenly over the fillet. Pour the rest of the soy sauce mixture evenly over the panko. Be sure to soak the panko comletely and if any runs off, spoon back over the salmon. Set aside for 15 minutes, leaving all the sauce in pan.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500*F.
- 4Roast the salmon for 18-20 minutes(about 12 minutes per inch at the thickest part of the salmon). The internal temperature should be 120 degrees on a meat thermometer when it's done.
- 5Remove from oven, wrap tightly with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eli's Asian Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 3996.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 53.2 g