Recipe by ElaineAnn
Really chilly day yesterday got me thinking about soup, so I threw this together when I got home from work. The steak seasoning is imperative to the taste. If you can't find it in your area there are several good recipes for a substitute on 'Zaar. Reviews have stated "too much noodles" so I have edited to use only 4 ounces.
Top Review by glgroyer
My family went gaga for this soup! They proclaimed it #1 favorite soup ever... and I make a lot of soup! The main tweak I did was used shredded cabbage instead of egg noodles, added at the last 15 min. of simmering. The combination of steak seasoning, worcestershire, potatoes, veggies and beef was cozy, comfy perfection!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 8 baby carrots, sliced thin
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces fine egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground sirloin and onions in butter in large saucepan, stirring to break up as small as possible for about 5 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce over meat and continue stirring until meat browns.
- Pour in water, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add broth, vegetable juice, and vegetables. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Return to boil, break up noodles into soup, stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 10 more minutes.