1/1 Photo of Elaine's Sirloin Burger Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Really chilly day yesterday got me thinking about soup, so I threw this together when I got home from work. The steak seasoning is imperative to the taste. If you can't find it in your area there are several good recipes for a substitute on 'Zaar. Reviews have stated "too much noodles" so I have edited to use only 4 ounces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 8 baby carrots, sliced thin
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1Cook ground sirloin and onions in butter in large saucepan, stirring to break up as small as possible for about 5 minutes, until meat is no longer pink.
- 2Sprinkle steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce over meat and continue stirring until meat browns.
- 3Pour in water, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add broth, vegetable juice, and vegetables. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- 4Return to boil, break up noodles into soup, stir well.
- 5Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elaine's Sirloin Burger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 826.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning