Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Melt margarine in a large pot.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cinnamon and allspice and cook on low-medium heat until the onion and garlic begin to brown.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, pumpkin and broth to the pot.
- Using a stick blender, puree ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered, until thick, about 40-45 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great high fiber, low carb one dish meal. Don't be afraid of the cinnamon and allspice, it really compliments the entire dish. My kids love black bean soup, and I wanted to incorporate some pumpkin I had (you can never sneak in enough vegetables). This was a wonderful filling meal and I loved the balsamic in the finished dish. I froze half of it (it freezes nicely) for a cold autumn day. Also nice topped with some sharp cheddar & serve with some warm rolls. Thanks for sharing!