Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a copycat site.
- 2 cups tomatoes (either fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or cover & refrigerate.
I added hot sauce and jalepenos, extra green chilis and an extra T of vinegar. Then let it set in the fridge to 2 days added more salt and it was perfect. The best thing about home made salsa is that you can make it to your liking and know wehre the ingredients came from. Thanks for this base, it really is so close to El Chicos.
Did not taste anything like the salsa from the 5 El Chico restaraunts I have eaten. One of them on a regular basis.
the best salsa in the world i would bathe in it if i could make that much i ate so much i barfed yummmmmmmy kelsey's mom should say yes to this salsa mmmm good!