Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Eintopf means "one pot". There are as many recipes for Eintopt as there are cooks in Germany, but this one is my favorite. I use a loop of smoked turkey sausage to cut down on the fat. Also, the frozen French-cut green beans are rarely available in my small town, so I often use the canned variety. They are almost as good.
- 1 lb Polish sausage, partly skinned
- 1 lb carrot, scraped and sliced
- 10 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen French-cut green beans
- 2 onions, peel and slice
- 10 cups water (you can use all or part chicken broth as well)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fines herbes, dried
- maggi seasoning
- Put the first six ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the herbs.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and Maggi seasoning.
- Creativity is encouraged.
We loved this! I cooked this in the crock pot using turkey sausage,baby carrots,creamer potatoes with the skin on,sweet onions and all chicken broth. I also added garlic. Thanks so much for posting!
This is a fantastic base recipe for an easy weeknight dinner. It's great as written, but I can also imagine it would be great with some fresh tomatoes, squash, or any herbs you might happen to have around. I picked a little dill from my garden for this, and it was wonderful. I used chicken stock for mine, and thought it added a nice body to the broth.