Recipe by Brookelynne26
Yummy eggs in a buttery tomato sauce. Serve over nice crusty bread.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
Congrats on your Week 13 Football Pool win!!! I made these yesterday morning for a friend and w both really enjoyed them. He asked for the recipe so he could make them again and that is highly unusual for him!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- coarse salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces plum tomatoes
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook until the onions become translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Crush the tomatoes and add them and their juices to the pan. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook until thickened, 15 - 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium and crack the eggs into the tomato sauce. Cover the pan and cook eggs for 3 minutes, or until done to your liking.