Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a neat breakfast dish that my kids called home-grown egg McMuffins. It eats like a muffin and is a complete breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease muffin cups.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Allow bacon to cool.
- Butter bread slices with melted butter.
- Tear bread into pieces and place in muffin cups.
- Place crumbled bacon on top, then eggs on top that.
- Drizzle a bit of bacon drippings on top.
- Bake aproximately 15 minutes until eggs are set, or a bit longer if you liked hard cooked eggs.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or cooled a bit.
great tasting! These eggs are so cute that I would give you 5 stars on just the looks of them alone.
Good and simple to fix..
GREAT recipe!! I did make a # of changes though. (I always make changes--LOL) I used a dozen eggs. I used turkey bacon cooked in the microwave. I put a little provolone cheese on top. I also cooked the eggs ahead of time. (My husband has to have them VERY well done) This could have been a disaster as I realized too late that there would be nothing holding everything together!!! (next time I'll cook half of the eggs ahead of time) I also cooked them for 20 minutes--and when the cheese didn't brown a little on top--I turned the temperature up to 400 degrees. They came out great. They were a BIG hit with the kids!!! Not as big with hubby--but he did at least like them enough to eat them!!! So THANKS for the great idea!!! :)