wonderful brunch idea that can serve large quantity with little effort! Can vary the cheese or even the meat in this. Great served on toasted english muffins
- preheat oven to 450 degrees f.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 ham slice in each tin like a nest.
- Place 1/2 slice swiss cheese on each ham slice that is partially cooked.
- Crack one egg over each.
- Pour about a tablespoons of heavy cream over each.
- Sprinkle each with a little parmesan cheese to taste.
- Place back in oven and bake about 10-15 minutes. (Check jiggliness to your liking...don't overdue or will be more hard boiled.)
- Remove and rest 5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted English muffins.
- Note- can cook longer if you like a hard boiled egg rather than soft boiled or even"scramble" egg before pouring into tins.
A nice change of pace for regurlar breakfast becon and eggs. With lots of cheese, please!:)
Love these - all my favourite breakfast treats rolled into one and no frying involved! I scrambled the eggs lightly, added a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and baked for 13 minutes; they turned out slightly more "done" (hard boiled like!) than I would have liked so will try the 10 minutes the next time. Oh, and will definitely try these with bacon instead of ham too! Thank you jellyko, a great recipe!
What an incredible brunch recipe. I made it for Christmas Brunch this year. I used smoked gouda for the cheese and omitted the english muffins because the menu had other carbs in it. Thanks for this recipe, everyone loved them!