Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Tis the season for egg nog. This is a great way to create a festive, delicious holiday french toast.
- 1. Mix egg, egg nog, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Melt butter on skillet on low/med. heat.
- 3. Dredge slice of bread in egg mixture, both sides.
- 4. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5. Top with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or your favorite topping.
Very easy to make. I thought it was ok. My husband said it was too sweet. My daughter didn't like it at all. I used light egg nog.
This recipe makes me look like a HERO at the Christmas potluck every year! Thanks for making me look good. Instead of using plain bread, I use Texas toast and fry them just as I would regular french toast. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Quick and easy when you're cooking for a large crowd. I posted a pic, hope it helps! Thanks again!
The eggnog really added a wonderful flavor to my French toast. Next time, I'll go lighter on the vanilla though (as it slightly overpowered the rest of the flavors, but that might very well be because I added too much vanilla and is not a fault with the recipe). Even so, it was delicious. Thanks Chef Q.