Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Southern Living; a favorite made during Christmas season.
Make and share this Eggnog French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Combine eggnog and nutmeg in a shallow dish.
- Place bread slices in dish, turning to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Remove bread slices from eggnog mixture, allowing excess to drain.
- Cook in skillet 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve immediately with Rum sauce.
- Rum Sauce: Combine ingredients in a saucepan; cook over low heat until heated, stirring often.
My hubby makes this every year for Christmas breakfast! So good and so easy!! What's not to love!?
This has become my standard french Toast recipe, when I can get nog. I make it using Silk Nog for vegan toast, and it is delicious with or without the sauce.
Not quite what I expected. Coming out of the oven, the eggnog taste was basically done, and you have to compensate with plenty of sauce and some extra eggnog for some taste. It was ok ones but I would not make it again.