I received an email from Recipe4Living this morning and this is just one of the featured recipes that I thought sounded interesting. I have not tried this recipe yet so the number of servings is estimated. If you make them before I do, please let me know how many you got from the recipe. :-) Visit www.recipe4living.com website for any more information. "These dreamy eggless cookies packed with brown sugar pack a sweet punch!"
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (or slightly melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips (I use Valrhona Chocolate Pearls, which are very hard to find)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and two sugars together until fluffy. In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water and beat into the butter mixture along with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Combine dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and gradually beat into the mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and espresso powder with a wooden spoon.
- Drop 1-tbsp balls of dough 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 minutes.
This is the best eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe I have found since we found out about our egg allergy. Thanks for posting it, we really enjoyed them.
These cookies had the taste of a really yummy cookies....but they baked up really thin not sure if i did something wrong but overall thr taste was VERY good!!!