Recipe by ragav7orion
Chocolate chip cookies normally contain egg(s), not these. Healthy and filling. Also the dough can be tasted unlike the eggy one.
Top Review by LindaMarie40
Thank you for this recipe. My husband stopped eating eggs and I love baked goods. These cookies were great and the ingredients were adaptable. I also could not find castor sugar easily in Canada so I used refined and lessened the amount. I used half butter and half shortening. I only had flavoured yogurt but, like the banana, it did not change the taste of a really great chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 small banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat: Set the oven temperature to 160°C.
- Make the Dough:.
- While the oven is heating, combine the flour,oats, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, castor sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mash the banana and mix it with the yoghurt and cream. Add this to the dough.
- Take your small bowl of dry ingredients and gradually mix it into the large mixing bowl and stir in a bag of Chocolate chips and some chopped nuts.
- As delicious as it may look right now, resist the temptation to eat the dough.
- You'll be rewarded with delicious fresh-baked cookies in about ten minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the dough onto your baking sheets.
- Bake: Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Let them cool in a wire rack or in the tray.
- Final Step: Enjoy!
- You've made your own batch of Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies.