I love carrot cake and this is what I had this evening. This cake has yumminess written all over it;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, whip together the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon zest.
- 2Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- 3Add the ground hazelnut to the flour and mix well.
- 4Now, mix in this flour-hazelnut mixture into the butter mixture.
- 5Add the whipped cream and mix well.
- 6Next, stir in the raisins and carrots.
- 7Grease and flour a seven inch cake tin now.
- 8Pour the prepared mixture into it.
- 9Alternatively, use well greased and dusted individual muffin molds.
- 10Put the whole walnuts over the cake.
- 11Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 12Turn out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- 13Serve dusted with icing sugar.
- 14If baking in individual muffin molds, you may dip the tops in melted chocolate and by doing so, you'll be retaining the moisture in the cake for a longer period of time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggless Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.2
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 336.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: