Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love carrot cake and this is what I had this evening. This cake has yumminess written all over it;)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 150 g butter
- 10 g lemon zest
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 g flour
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 10 g baking powder
- 180 g whipping cream
- 50 g raisins
- 150 g carrots, washed, peeled and grated
- 3 -5 whole walnuts, to garnish
- In a large bowl, whip together the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Add the ground hazelnut to the flour and mix well.
- Now, mix in this flour-hazelnut mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add the whipped cream and mix well.
- Next, stir in the raisins and carrots.
- Grease and flour a seven inch cake tin now.
- Pour the prepared mixture into it.
- Alternatively, use well greased and dusted individual muffin molds.
- Put the whole walnuts over the cake.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
- If baking in individual muffin molds, you may dip the tops in melted chocolate and by doing so, you'll be retaining the moisture in the cake for a longer period of time.
My husband loved it cause it wasn't too sweet. I loved it cause it was eggless. It was easy to make. Next time I'll add some mini choc chips. Thanks Charishma