Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So simple and so delicious. I'm not sure why it never occurred to me to put this combo together, but when I lived in England, the little sandwich stand always had this on hand. I became completely addicted to it :) Depending on the size of your eggs, you might want to use 2 - you want enough to layer it down the length of the baguette.
- 1 piece baguette, about 6-inch in length
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 -2 egg, hard-boiled and sliced
- Slice the baguette open length-wise.
- Spread with mayo and sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Layer the sliced tomato and eggs on top.
- Replace top of baguette and enjoy!
Being English, this is a sandwich that I know and love! I loved the added addition of the black pepper and also the idea if using a piece of baguette too. A delicious sandwich what I made today for lunch using a large slice of Recipe #235909 that I had made this morning. I used home-made mayonnaise and plenty of black pepper with a smidge of sea salt. I am usually a "mash it all together gal" for the egg and tomatoes, but the flavours were still wonderful. Made for Veg'N'Swap and enjoyed very much. Merci Starry, FT:-)
I've always loved tomato and mayo sandwiches. Eggs are an excellent addition. I used fresh tomatoes from my garden, recipe#449141 to cook the eggs and recipe#433788 instead of a baguette. Made for Veggie Swap 38
Wonderful...try adding a layer of lettuce and a couple of slices of bacon...So yummy!!