Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices swiss cheese (or your favorite kind)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (or mayo to your taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 pinch minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread both slices of bread with a light layer of mayo.
- Put slice of cheese on one piece of bread.
- Add tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper& Italian Seasoning.
- Cover tomato slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread.
- In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic.
- Also spread butter on top of each side of bread.
- Grill until sandwich is brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
There's no question this is a 5-star recipe as written, but I melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low with a peeled smashed garlic clove and the Italian seasoning and heat until just fragrant and remove from the heat before I assemble the ingredients and build the sandwich(es). Before returning the skillet to the heat I discard the garlic clove to avoid an off taste. Almost any semi-soft cheese would work here but it is *epic* with Provolone (mild or sharp) or Italian Fontina. This is a classic recipe, thanks for sharing, Paulette!