Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a classic sandwich that I grew up on, most things here are to taste
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices bread
- Mash boiled eggs with a fork.
- Put butter in bowl, add eggs.
- Add curry powder and then mayonnaise a little at a time to get the right texture which is creamy. Be careful not to make them dry.
- Cut crusts of bread, unless you particularly like crusts.
- Spread egg mixture on two slices bread.
- Top with other slices and cut into 4 squares or 4 triangles or even into soldiers to entertain younger children.
I love egg sandwiches done this way! Sometimes, if I have run out of mayo, I will use a dash of milk just for consistency purposes. I don't always use the curry powder either, depending on whether I feel like it or not. If I don't use curry powder, I use black pepper. Delish!