- Ready In:
- 2 slices rye bread or 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sauerkraut
- Spread one slice of bread with some mustard and the other slice with Thousand Island dressing.
- Place the bread slices, dry side down, in a lightly oiled skillet. Top one slice with avocado and the other with sauerkraut.
- Over medium heat, grill the sandwich until lightly browned and hot, about 5 minutes. Put the sandwich halves together and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 24 year old who works in the Chicago theater community. I have a little bit of a food obsession and love to plan meals, cook for myself, cook for my girlfriend, and cook for large groups of people. My friends and I have a weekly "Food Club" where I make them food and they bring me booze. It's pretty much awesome- I get to cook and eat AND get free beer. It changes weekly depending what's cooking, but we have Grill Club, Chili Club, Taco Club, Soup Club- you get the idea. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">