Thousand Island Dressing - Reuben Sauce - What-Have-You Sauce
photo by Julesong
- Ready In:
2 cups, approx
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellmann's or Vegenaise)
- 3⁄4 cup catsup (or more, to taste) or 3/4 cup ketchup (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, catsup, relishes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper to taste. Mix well!
- Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- To store: put in a tightly covered clean glass container in fridge.
- To use: put it on reuben sandwiches, pot roast patty melts, burgers, in shrimp cocktail, on salads, or as a dip for chips, veggies, chicken nuggets, steak fingers, et cetera!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My Dh loves 1,000 island dressing he could eat it with a spoon. The one i usually make calls for bottled chili sauce i was out and i was planning on Reuben Casserole #88257 for dinner. So i gave this one a try. What could it hurt right?? I'm not a big 1,000 Island person expect for reubens. I did make some minor adjustment due to what i had on hand and a sick kid at home. No dill relish put had pickles so i used 1tsp of the juice. I added a healthy Tbsp of sweet relish. I had no dried onion flakes so i used my micro plane and sent the onion across it 3 or 4 times. See minor changes. Let me tell you i could eat this with a spoons. I'm probally gonna have to make this twice a week,LOL Thanks Julesong for a definate winner i'm converted!!!! Happy cooking! Jules211