Microwave Egg & Toasted Muffin Sandwich
photo by Terpen
- Ready In:
- 1. In a microwavable cup about the diameter of your muffin, spray the bottom with cooking spray. ( a cup with a curved bottom will work the best).
- 2. Place ham, bacon or sausage in the bottom of the cup.
- 3. Crack the egg and add to the cup.
- 4. With a fork, puncture the egg yolk 2 or 3 times. (if you don’t, you will have exploded egg all over your microwave).
- 5. Place enough shredded cheese to cover the egg.
- 6. Cover the cup with a paper towel,.
- 7. Microwave on high for 2 or 3 minutes, enough time to thoroughly cook the egg yolk. (all microwaves are not created equally, so you may have to experiment with the time. Better to under cook the first one and then cook a bit longer until you know the correct time for your oven).
- 8. Split the muffin and toast it while the egg is cooking.
- 9. Butter the muffin halves.
- 10. Slide the egg out of the cup and onto the bottom half of the muffin. (comes out easier if you let it set for a minute or two to give the cheese time to firm up. I use a butter knife to go around the edges of the melted cheese to free it up. If you sprayed it enough, it should slide right out.
- 11. Add some jelly to the top half of the muffin if you like, salt and pepper to taste, close it up and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!