Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 scallions, sliced (white part and 2 inches of green)
- 12 ounces bacon, cut into 1-inch squares, cooked crisp and drained
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 3 -4 tablespoons prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Gently combine the eggs, celery, scallions, bacon and caraway seeds in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the horseradish and mayonnaise and fold into the salad.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.
My mother used to make egg, bacon and mayo sandwiches for me when I started my first job. This kind of reminds me of those long ago days. I can't wait to try it. Thank you!
Good egg salad. I halved the recipe and cut down the horseradish to 1 tablespoon, but when I make it again, I'll add a little more. Love the "zing" it adds! Omitted the caraway seeds as I don't care for them. Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.
This is a fantastic, flavorful egg salad. I scaled the recipe down, and since I happened to be out of fresh parsley, just skipped it as garnish. I ate mine with crackers and my husband ate his on pumpernickel--we both just loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!