Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice way to feed a hungry crowd!. Cook time is for boiling eggs.From the Taste of Home magazine. You may also easily make 1/3 of the recipe for not so big a crowd. :)
- 3 dozen hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely shrdded
- 3 small green peppers, finely chopped
- 3 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- sliced hard-boiled egg (optional)
- 100 slices bread (about 6 loaves)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Whisk mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir into egg mixure.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and sliced egg if desired.
- For sandwiches, spread about 1/3 cupful egg salad on one bread slice; top with another bread slice.
- Yield: 50 sandwiches Note: If desired you may add 1/4 to 1/2 cup sweet or dill relish to the salad.
Tasty and colorful! It's more of a "grown-up" egg salad, but to my surprise, my kids did eat it in sandwiches. (I thought the black olives would turn them off, but they didn't seem to notice). I did scale this recipe down to 1/3. Thanx for a great new eggsalad recipe!